Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Have Epson artison 837. Wifi does not work after cable

Customer Question

Have Epson artison 837. Wifi does not work after cable company installed new internet router. What do I do to get remote wi-fi access restored to this printer. thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Do you know the password ***** the new router? the one you need to connect wirelessly?

if so, the best way to reconnect is using the control panel on the printer itself, and entering the wireless setup wizard and then connecting it to the network, heres how

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=182960&prodoid=63091350&foid=191467&cat=237989&subcat=238002&UseCookie=yes

Once thats done.. All we have left to do is delete the printer from your computer. If you have windows go t o devcies and printers and delete the printer and then add it again.

if you have a mac, go to system preferences / printers and scanners and delete the printer, and readd it.

Once both steps are complete, the printer will work as normal.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the fix and get me out of these ads
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

The message I sent above contains the "fix".. Its two part.

if you get stuck at any point following those steps let me know and I will assist you further. If all goes well, please remember to reply here so we can mark the issue as solved.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know the new wi fi network name and password
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Allright, then try to complete these steps.

the best way to reconnect is using the control panel on the printer itself, and entering the wireless setup wizard and then connecting it to the network, heres how

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No wifi wizard can be found per you directions
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

When you go to setup, wifi, select wifi again, what choices do you see listed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No wifi set up under set up printer - help or refund money
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Are you on the printer itself, and using the menu on the printer? ( Outside the computer)

Also, I am trying to help. The steps I have given you are correct and I am trying to help you implement them. Patience and clear communication are the key here.

So lets try to be calm and patient and work through these steps together to solve the problem you are having with your printer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
call me on the mobil I keep loosing you - I went to home then setup then printer set up and it gives me a menu with no wifi set up just thick paper sound etc. help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't know where you went - cancel service - I am asking Master Card to stop payment- thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

To keep our costs low, phone support is a premium service. Meaning, theres an additional charge for phone support. T his is how we keep our initial costs at a fraction of other major providers.

I was g oing to send you the phone support offer, but you have asked to cancel service.

Here is the link to cancel and request a refund

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

Dustin S.