John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

All I get when I try to print is "paper Jam or not correctly

Customer Question

All I get when I try to print is "paper Jam or not correctly installed". Paper is correct size and brand.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
canon selphy cp910

Does the error message appear on your computer or on the printer display? Wheat is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It comes to the printer. Sometimes it says check printer Connection
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Windows 7
Lw

Is your printer connected wirelessly to your network?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no

Are you using a usb printer cable?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
usb Printer is used.

What error is shown on the printer display right now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Printer shows selphy
And my name.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I discnnected after i recd the error msg

Disconnecting each end of the usb cable and reconnecting it several times is the right thing to do, because is cleans oxidation off of the contacts, which could be interfering with the correct operation of the printer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok i will try that

Then we can reinstall your printer drivers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Same message no paper or incorrectly inserted. Says that oj printer and. computer screen

In your original question you stated that the exact error message was "Paper jam or not correctly installed". Now you are saying that the error message is "No paper or incorrectly inserted". Those two messages have entirely different meanings. What is the exact error message?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ive gotten both replies. I tried again and this time it says paper jam turn printer off and then on again. Sorry to confuse you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Most times the paper moves only slightly and then gives me the message. I wonder if the wheels simply cant grab the paper.

The word "installed" refers to software, and the word "inserted" refers to media. Which one of these you saw used would determine my approach and ability to solve your problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Paper jam

Here is a link to follow to clear a paper jam. It describes how to remove the cover, which you should do, even if you do not think that you have a jam, because opening the cover and replacing it will reset the jam signal. Please use a flashlight to look or any foreign objects in the paper path.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART150805

Are you still having problems? If so, I will opt out and let other experts see what we have discussed and done. One of them should be able to help you.