Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a new Canon Pixma 920 or 922 printer. It has been

Customer Question
working fine until today when...
I have a new Canon Pixma 920 or 922 printer. It has been working fine until today when I attempted to print an online document. An error message was received. I exited the program and attempted to print other documents to only find the same message. No error code number is ***** It is simply lined up in the queue and only gives the option to cancel. Please help, thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/26/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will remove the power to the printer now. I don't want to do the free trial offer.

No problem and thanks

Please let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The same thing happened.

Thanks

How is it connected to the computer? Via wireless or a USB cable?

And are you one a windows or mac computer and which version?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm connected wireless, and am a PC user.

which version of windows?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could the wireless have dropped from the printer? My computer is still functioning.

yes, this is possible.

Follow the steps here please to connect it to your wireless network

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/375000-399999/398591-an-01-en-CANON_PIXMA_MX925.pdf

Once connected, then restart the computer and try to print

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will start now...

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this will be awhile. I just did this a week ago, and the instruction manual is easier to read and work from since my laptop isn't near the printer.

No problem, I will be here.

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I re-entered the access code for LAN and the same error message still shows up.

Does the printer now show it is connected to the wifi network?

ok, now on the computer, click start (bottom left) then type in

devices and printers and click on it when it appears.

Then right click on your printer and select remove (do this on all copies of it listed there)

Restart the computer

Go back and click on Add printer and when you printer is located, click it to install

Then try to print to it please.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how will I reconnect with you if i reboot?

return too this webpage and post a message.

You have emails from us or you can press CTRL + D to add it to your favourites.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the $29 over and above the $23 already being paid?

yes, but it is optional else we continue here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't received any emails from you. The original offer was $5 deposit and $23 total if issue was solved. I already have a microsoft help subscription and can call them tomorrow for assistance rather than pay more to you.

But I am only saying, the additional cost is if you want me to connect to your computer and do this for you.... else please do the instructions I gave you and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you. I will see if i can follow the info you gave and go from there. THanks for your efforts.

Thanks,

Please let me know the results.

Richard, Technician