Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I recently purchased an HP Envy 54660

Customer Question

I recently purchased an HP Envy 54660 Printer/Scanner/Copy/Photo machine. I have been having consistent problems with it only printing one page and then saying there's a jam. When I open the cover and remove the part, the paper isn't crumpled. It's right where the lever begins. It's like it isn't feeding. I've been having this very frustrating situation going on for a few weeks. Now, it's flat out not only NOT grabbing the paper but is telling me to load the paper and select ok. There is paper in the tray. HELP PLEASE!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just bought it a few weeks ago. It's an HP Envy 5660
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Clearing the paper, reloading the paper, using different paper
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, please connect me. I'm very frustrated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you have checked the paper settings on your PC, because if the paper settings are wrong then, you can face this problem ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please help me to check my paper settings?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Yes, can you tell me , which version of Windows do you have on your PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, how would I check that?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Ok, first let me know, if you use Windows or MAC then, I will tell you how to check the version.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use Windows
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Open the link below and follow the steps to check the version and let me know.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000930.htm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do that, won't I lose you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I'm using windows 8. I didn't upgrade to 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just poking around and it looks like I'm using Windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found something that indicates I'm using Windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FOUND IT! I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found it. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** on the Start on your PC then, click on Devices and Printer, let me know after the devices and printers window opens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's open and I show the printer and it has a yellow caution triangle around it.,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says, "needs troubleshooting. Paper out". However, there's paper in the tray
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, now right click on the printer icon and select Troubleshoot and let me know, what happens ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Add paper to the printer and try printing again. Well, I knew that;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it said, Troubleshooter has completed trouble shooting. TS made some changes to your system, trying attempting the task you were trying to do. I did that and it's still saying it's out of paper
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK,now close the troubleshooting window then, right click on the printer icon and select Printer preferences and check if the paper settings, like type, size etc. are ok or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are okay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like the printer won't acknowledge the paper. When it was feeding paper, it only went to a certain point and stopped. It never was crumpled or jammed.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

The problem you are facing is generally caused due to two reason, one if the paper settings are wrong and two if the feed rollers are dirty or defective. As you have already checked the paper settings to be correct, it means the problem is with the feed rollers. Please remove the papers from the printer then, try to clean the rollers which are visible with a lint-free damp cloth, after that check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the rollers are defective and you have to replace the printer from HP, as the printer is still under warranty period. Let me know if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time. I do apologize for being limited in my computer skills. I will proceed with your suggestions. Have a good evening.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Justanswer.com, please remember to give a rating above this page and click the submit button.