John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I get a message on my XP800 that a pad is failing

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, what is the exact message displayed on the Epson Expression Premium XP-800's screen please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the felt pads have worn out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't answered the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer you to tell me whether to fix it or buy a new one
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the post back.

As posted above; "...what is the exact message displayed on the Epson Expression Premium XP-800's screen please?..."

Still, in most instances, the prescribed approach is to work on the inside mechanism to gain access to the "...pads..."

In some others, there may be a workaround to 'fool' the printer into working again even with the fault.

Depending on whether comfortable working inside or a bypassing the error would be the deciding factor if a replacement is warranted.