Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Ref Epson WF 3540 - This printer has 2 paper trays. However,

Customer Question
Ref Epson WF 3540 -...
Ref Epson WF 3540 - This printer has 2 paper trays. However, when the first tray is empty is does NOT transfer control to the second tray. What do I need to do to get it to transfer control to the second tray???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/24/2016
Technician: James Gilmer,
 replied 1 year ago
James Gilmer

Hi, I'm Jamie.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Technician: James Gilmer,
 replied 1 year ago

What operating system do you have on the computer you print from?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is from an hp laptop running windows ver 8.0
Technician: James Gilmer,
 replied 1 year ago

When you go to print a document, go to file print, you will see printer properties. Go there, on that page you will see an option on paper source.

Click the drop down and choose Cassette 1 > Cassette 2 . Both should be listed.

That's it.

Technician: James Gilmer,
 replied 1 year ago

Will not have to go back in setting after it is set. Will use those settings until changed again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I tried 2 things. I selected cassette 1 > cassette 2 and then I selected cassette 2. Neither one worked they both said to clear a paper jam and then press ... It appears that selecting anything other than cassette1 doesn't work because after I change the properties and then go back to look at what they are, it is back to cassette 1!!! What do I need to do to make the change 'STICK'?????
Technician: James Gilmer,
 replied 1 year ago

So cassette 2 is showing a jam? That's either a sensor in your printer is bad, or there is some paper in tray 2 that is jammed.

I've got to go, going to open up for someone else to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the problem doesn't seem to be the printer. When I go into the properties and select "cassette 1 > cassette 2" it doesn't STICK!! When I go back into the properties it is reset back to 'cassette 1". Sooooooo how do I make the setting STICK?????
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this. Do you mean it is able to print in Cassette 2, but it does not stick. Is that correct?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I believe you need to set the paper source settings in Control Panel, not in the program. Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. Close the Word program for now. And/or close the program you want to print from for now.
  2. Open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  3. Then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers (or Printers.)
  4. Then there, right-click on your Epson printer, then click on option Printing preferences (or Preferences)
  5. Then for the Paper Source, set it to option Auto Select.
  6. Then click on Apply and OK at bottom.
  7. Make sure Cassette 1 is empty for now, and make sure there is paper in Cassette 2.
  8. Open something you want to print, and see if it prints in Cassette 2 fine.

Solution #1:

- If that does not work, please try:

2. Open Control Panel.
  5. Then for the Paper Source, set it to option Cassette 2 (or Paper Cassette 2).
  7. Open something you want to print, and see if it prints in Cassette 2 fine.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician