John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a WF-2660 serial # UM2Y004871. I use a router to

Customer Question

I have a WF-2660 serial # UM2Y004871. I use a router to connect from my computer to the printer in another part of the house. Unfortunately, I had to replace the router, and cannot now access my printer. I have loaded the disc, gone through all the necessary steps, but I need the SSID and password ***** I can finish the process. I cannot communicate with my son who initially loaded the printer. Help! I Ned the SSID & Password!
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We think 3 years, the make is epson WF-2660 serial # UM2Y004781
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You name it! we've tried everything we know for the last 2 days! I eventually deleted all printers, and used the epson disc to load. I hope that makes sense. we also replaced the misfunctioning router and installed a new one. That's when our troubles started.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: yes - I'm on the verge of losing it if I don't get my printer operational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 11 months ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will help you today....the SSID and Password ***** be on a white sticker on the side of the router.....that is if your son did not change anything, if he actually set it up then both of those things have changed and only he would know the password......we can always set the router back to defaults to start over.