Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have an xp410 and it seems to be stuck on printing in 4x6y

Customer Question

I have an xp410 and it seems to be stuck on printing in 4x6y mode. I am trying to print out and email and it will not print in letter size
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: for the past few days. it started when my son was trying to help print a 4x6 photo and it would not accept the photo paper and since then when I try to print out an email in letter size on letter paper it still seems to print it out in the smaller size
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a XP410 and I purchased it from Office Depot about 3 years ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: resetting the settings to print on letter paper.plain paper and standard quality but even double checking the setting on my printer does not work I replaced all of the ink cartridges the morning as a couple of them were almost out so I replaced all of them
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you on a windows or Mac computer and which version?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I have offered the remote desktop, please accept it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I am only offering it as you requested it

Can you click start, devices and printers

Then right click on your printer, then select printer properties.

Then set the Paper Type there to Letter Size.

Let me know the results please.