Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a website question

Customer Question
I have a website question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/22/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 1 year ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this question.

What seems to be the trouble?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok its a lil complicated. But here is goes. We have a domain www.citrusortho.net that used to be hosted by Yahoo and was taken by Aabaco. Our webite was actually hosted on another server by a website company up until 1 1/2 years ago. Then I kept domain, got rid of website company and forwarded to https://citrusorthodocs.portalforpatients.com/portal/default.aspx. I used this patient portal as our website now. Many years ago - we got a PACS system with a static IP but it needed a security certificate
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was https://citrusortho.net/
The IP address was 71.0.164.55

Ok, you folks can use https://www.globalsign.com as one of the fastest ways to acquire a Security Certificate. Nice that you folks implemented the PACS System. What are you folks using as printers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We got the new certificate
That's not the problem

Is your Site Up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to find where i.e. on Aabaco or yahoo it is redirecting the https:citrusortho/pacs or 71.0.164.55

Please hold on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its an A record that needs to be set up to pacs.citrusortho.net and have a new SSL out to it

Ok, you need to get a hold of Yahoo. They are hold control of the Site: please see below:

IP Address of Citrusortho is 98.139.135.129

Hostname:citrusortho.net

IP Address:98.139.135.129

Host of this IP:p9pn-i.geo.vip.bf1.yahoo.com

Organization:Yahoo!

ISP/Hosting:Yahoo!

Updated:08/16/2016 08:37 AM

City:Sunnyvale

Country:United States

State:California

Postal Code:94089

Timezone:America/Los_Angeles

Local Time:08/22/2016 10:58 AM

Here is the Yahoo Tech Support information:

Technical Contact

YahooDomains TechContact
Yahoo! Inc*****
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
UN
Telephone:***********br />

It is not that Yahoo redirected it, they just stopped it from processing in the WWW.

If I can be of any more assistance please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you put the SSL certificate on the server or the domain
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
forget it

Firstly, you need control of the Site, Madam. The SSL is loaded on the Server.

What type of Server do you have? Windows or Linux based?

If you are installing any other certificate, follow the instructions below.

1. Copy the Certificate files to your server. ...
  2. Find the Apache config file to edit. ...
  3. Identify the SSL <VirtualHost> block to configure. ...
  4. Configure the <VirtualHost> block for the SSL-enabled site. ...
  5. Test your Apache config before restarting.

Setting up HTTPS on a Windows Server:

• Creating a self-signed SSL Certificate using OpenSSL:

Open the command prompt and cd to your Apache installations "bin" directory. Usually it would be:

cd "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin"

To create the SSL certificate we will need the openssl.cnf files location but the default location set by OpenSSL for this file is setup according to a Linux distribution, so we need to fix it for Windows.

We need to setup the Windows environment variable OPENSSL_CONF to point to the openssl.cnf files location. It is usually located in "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\openssl.cnf" directory.

So we can set it up by the following command or through the GUI interface:

set OPENSSL_CONF=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\openssl.cnf

All files generated from the following commands will reside in "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin" folder.

Now that we have the environment variable set we need to create a new OpenSSL certificate request using the following command:

openssl req -new -out server.csr

It will ask you some questions and you can safely ignore them and just answer the following questions:
    PEM pass phrase: Password ***** with the private key you’re generating (anything of your choice).
    Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name associated with this certificate (i.e. www.your-domain.com).

Now we need to remove the passphrase from the private key. The file "server.key" created from the following command should be only readable by the apache server and the administrator. You should also delete the .rnd file because it contains the entropy information for creating the key and could be used for cryptographic attacks against your private key.

openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out server.key

Now we need to set up an expiry date, it could be any time of your choice, we use 365 days below:

openssl x509 -in server.csr -out server.cert -req -signkey server.key -days 365

We have the Self-signed SSL certificates ready now. Now We need to MOVE the "server.cert" and "server.key" file to the

"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf" location.

• Configuring Apache to run SSL/HTTPS server:

Now that we have the Self-signed SSL certificate ready, all we need is to configure Apache to start the SSL server.

First we modify the "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf" file.

Open up conf\httpd.conf in a text editor and look for the line:

LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so and remove any pound sign (#) characters preceding it.

Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf and remove any pound sign (#) characters preceding it.

Now we need to modify the "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\extra\httpd-ssl.conf". Let all the default options as it is but make sure to modify the following section according to your need:

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
    ServerAdmin***@******.***
    DocumentRoot "Your Root folder location"
    ServerName www.domain.com:443
    ServerAlias domain.com:443
    ErrorLog "logs/anyFile-error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/anyFile-access.log" common
    SSLEngine on

SSLCertificateFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/server.cert"

SSLCertificateKeyFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/server.key"
    </VirtualHost>

Make sure that "SSLCertificateFile" and "SSLCertificateKeyFile" are properly located.

For better organizing you can also put the whole <VirtualHost></VirtualHost> section in the "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf" along with your other Virtual Host settings there but you need to uncomment “Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf” in your conf\httpd.conf file to use that.

• Opening SSL/HTTPS port on Windows:

Now we need to open an exception in Windows Firewall for TCP port 443.You can do that by going to “Windows Firewall” settings in Control Panel and adding a port in the exception section.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I make an A record and direct it to a static IP address . Can I put an SSL certificate on the A record only ie pacs.citrusortho.net as opposed to www.citrusortho.net

Give it a try.

VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer