Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Model wf3620. Error code 0-97. Tried to restart it did not

Customer Question

Model wf3620. Error code 0-97. Tried to restart it did not help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome
Can you please open the Epson printer and check for any paper jammed inside of it (you open it where you replace the ink).
Check for any foreign objects as well both inside the printer and in the paper feed areas.
Once done and anything found, removed, power off the printer, power it on and tell me if it then clears the error please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no objects.error did not clear
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will do
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error is still there. Printing blank paper
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Are you able to get to the ink cartridges to remove them (meaning it slides to the middle when you open the printer)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get to them. It did not slide to the middle
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, remove the cartridges please then power off the printer

Then use a Q-Tip dipped in alcohol and clean out the areas where the ink goes int,removing all excess ink

Let it dry for 10 minutes, put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same error
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long is the warranty for?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Standard is 2 years but it depends on the reseller and what warranty it was sold with, they need to look this up based on the serial number.