Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have to turn off my pIXMA mp560 for it to print.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/22/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

How is the printer connected to the computer, usb or wireless?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, we are in business. wireless - wifi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure which device--the computer, router or printer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

yes i am there.

Let me know the operating system you have on the computer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
macbookpro using El Capitan 10.11.6
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For some reason, I am just now having trouble with speed on my computer. The printing problem has been going on for months.

power off the printer and follow the steps given below.

1. Click the "Finder" icon on your screen's dock, and click the "Macintosh HD" icon located under the Devices section in the Finder's sidebar.

2. Double-click the "Library" icon to open the folder, and double-click the "Printers" folder.

3. Locate the printer's folder you wish to delete in the window, and drag the folder to the Trash icon on the screen's dock. Alternatively, click the folder you wish to delete, click "File" at the top of the screen and select "Move to Trash" from the drop-down menu.

4. Click "Finder" at the top of the screen, and select "Empty Trash" from the drop-down menu to remove the files from your hard drive. Click "Empty Trash" on the dialog box to confirm the action. Click "Secure Empty Trash" from the drop-down list to permanently delete the files.

After this is done reboot your computer and then follow the reinstall steps, make sure you select wireless/wifi during the installation period.

Direct download driver link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp560

Click Home/Setup button on your printer. Select Network/Wireless. Choose WLAN setup / WIFI setup. It will search for available accesspoints.

Select your Accesspoint (wireless name) from the list and it will ask for wireless password (network key). Enter the correct password, and it will say connected to accesspoint.

Make sure that you are entering the correct password, because it is case sensitive. If all are correct, it will say connected to accesspoint.

Then, follow the instructions below on your computer.

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & scan window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.
If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am about to restart/reboot the computer. Hope that i can get back to you.

To get back to this session all you have to do is open justanswer email and click on "View my answer" button the chat will reload.

John, Computer Science Engineer