Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My epson stylus CX7800 keeps flashing the error code E-90,

Customer Question

My epson stylus CX7800 keeps flashing the error code E-90
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: CX7800 It's pretty old. But has been working gloriously this whole time until now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I turned it off and back on, checked the paper and checked for jams, opened it and made sure the cartridges and it's holders were closed appropriately
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. If the error code E-90 appears on your Stylus CX control panel display, the print head may not be able to move back and forth freely.

If the ink cartridge cover is not completely closed, the print head may have trouble moving back and forth. Follow these steps to close the ink cartridge cover:

1. Turn off the Stylus CX.

2. Lift up the scanner.

3. Press down on the ink cartridge cover to make sure it is completely closed.

4. Close the scanner and turn the Stylus CX back on.

Also

If the packing materials are not removed, the print head will be unable to move and the error code E-90 may appear on the control panel display. Follow these steps to remove the packing materials:

1. Turn off the Stylus CX.

2. Lift up the scanner to access the printer area.

3. Remove the tape from the ink cartridge holder.

4. Close the scanner.

5. Turn the Stylus CX back on.