John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My software for canon mx870 install disk doesn't work on

Customer Question

My software for canon mx870 install disk doesn't work on macbook pro using El Captaine(?) I downloaded new driver, and have printer working by wire. How do I set it up for wireless? Printer is on the network. Computer is on the network.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 3-4 years old at least. Don't think it ever worked wirelessly with the macbook pro.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm no mac expert. went to system to add a printer. as long as its connected by wire, works fine. without install disk, don't have a set up wizard to select wireless hookup.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: don't really know any more i'm afraid
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Is it a new computer or do you have upgraded the MAC version ?