John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Quark - I am getting an error - insufficient memory to

Customer Question

Quark - I am getting an error - insufficient memory to rasterize a transparency - then it wont pick up the graphic or will ignore drop shadows
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What version of Quark are you using, please?

And on what MAC OS X version is it running?

Also, other information I could use in advising you through the difficulty would be:

- what file type or file format you are editing or opening with Quark?

- whether this error is long-term, with one file or multiple files, or just a short-term and "it just happened today" sort of problem.

Let me know, using the Reply To Expert function, so that I can advise you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Quark 8.5.1 - Windows 7 I design a magazine ach month - 32 pages - full of files of all kinds - this is a long term error - usually I just wing it and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. this particular error is on a PNG logo - I need the transparency in the background because it is layered over a photo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Try doing an 'Ignore Transparency Flattening', and see whether that produces an adequate quality of result. (I can't see what you're working with, so this may take a few tries to get right... and thank for the response and the information.)

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)