Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a canon pixma 7250. Error code 1403 after cleaning

Customer Question
the printed. Your advice is...
I have a canon pixma 7250. Error code 1403 after cleaning the printed. Your advice is appreciated Thanks
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, never before. The printer is just 1,5 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took of the printhead again, and inserted it properly again. No chance, the yellow LED is still flashing 5 times, ans support code 1403 is displayed
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/20/2016
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hello. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. The 1403 error is a printhead error. There are several troubleshooting steps we can take to try to resolve the issue.

Solution 1:

• Remove and replace the cartridges. Be sure that there are no smudges on the contacts of the printer or the cartridge. If there are, please clean with alcohol and a lint free cloth.

Solution 2:

• Insert new cartridges. I advise using only genuine Canon brand replacement cartridges.

Solution 3:

• Reseat the print head to correct print issues or clear error. (I see that you've already tried this, but one more try won't hurt.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried again. No change. Still 5 yellow blinks and error code 1403

If you have taken all of these steps and you still have the issue, using genuine Canon replacement cartridges, it is almost certainly a hardware issue. While it is possible to purchase a replacement printhead, it is usually not cost effective. I know this is not what you were hoping to hear, but it is an honest and correct answer.

If the information that I have provided has been at all helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech