Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I am trying to print from docs from word but the printer

Customer Question

I am trying to print from docs from word but the printer isn't responding. It keeps turning off to black screen.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: brother mfc-j432w and about 4 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning it on manually each time it goes blank, cancelling queue, trying to find something in that menu that might relate to the problem. Didn't know what else to do!
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing I can think of thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today.

It sounds that maybe your printer is turning off while you are trying to print, or just hanging up.

Try unplugging the printer for a full 15 minutes. This will clear the printer of any static and also do a soft reset.

If this works, great, make sure to rate my answer with 5 stars to ensure that I receive credit for assisting you.

If it doesn't work, please let me know and we will dig deeper and solve this problem!

Jennie

Were you able to resolve this? Let me know!