John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

XP-420. most times won't print more than one page. At times

Customer Question

XP-420. most times won't print more than one page. At times when printing one page throws out several extra blank pages
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you tell me, which version of Windows do you use ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how to open the device and printers window from your PC ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can open in the control panel, not sure what part you want me to look for.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No ! This is a cheap printer that has served me. For a little more than $39. I can purchase another one.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
That's all Wasted $5.00
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
$5.00 refundable ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Sorry, I could get back to you earlier, as I was offline at that time when you replied me back. Please let me know what you want to continue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No remote. Willing to spend $18.00 more ($23.00 less $5.00 already paid). $39.00 is too expensive , I can purchase new printer for under $50.00. suggest a fix for $18.00 ? Or forget the whole thing. Do I get a refund of the $5.00 already spent for nothing ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Remote session is an optional service, there is no need to use that, as it seems the problem is related to hardware of the printer.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Can you print from your PC or do you get any error message ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

I mean to say can you make copies , without using the PC ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Works fine as a copier, printer . P C Will print one page only if 2 or 3 are required. Other times, prints one page and throws out 2 or 3 blank pages ( when only one page is to be printed)
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. Now follow the steps below to open the Devices and Printers window and reply me back.

Click on the search button beside the start button on your PC.

Type Devices and Printers.

Click on the Devices and Printers from the search result.

Device and Printers window should open.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Does. Been there many times, no help when opening properties, default etc. Troubleshooter does nothing.
No more!!!!, Too time consuming, repeating steps I've tried myself. I'll not reply any more. Keep the $5.00 for your trouble
Sorry, I'll delete any more incoming supposedly helps. I'll live with it or purchase another cheap one.Sorry and Thanks.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

I have just asked you to open the device and printers window, and you tried all those steps on your own and came to the conclusion that, this problem will not solve, did I tell to try those steps ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did not try from you (or because of your ) emails. I've been there many times over numerious printers. You have a special touch? Just can't see where you are going. Don't have the time to play anymore, I believe you are relying on factory fixes that I've already tried. I was looking for technical that goes beyond self help.
Just saying I've been to your suggested site many times, Not recently, why I requested outside technical help
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I give up, Not worth all this chit chat. No more Please.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 12 months ago.

Did you try Printer preferences and uncheck the box beside skip blank pages ?