Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I lost power. When it came back up it is displaying error

Customer Question

I lost power. When it came back up it is displaying error message 6801 and showing only Chinese or Japanese characters.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Maxify
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried turning it off and back on, as well as holding the on button down for 60 seconds
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Whats the full name brand and model of your device? And what type of device is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged printer, turned back on while holding power button for 1 minute and error remains.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is model MB2320
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, thats a firmware error. And canon is yet to release a firmware update for that printer.

how long have you had it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 year
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

If its under a year old, you can get canon to replace it for free.

Lets go to this page and enter your serial number for the printer.. http://canoncare.com/GetWarrantyCertificate.asp

That will tell you if you are past the warranty expiration or not. If it hasnt expired, I would contact canon immediately to have them replace the printer with a new one.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.