comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician
Experience:  I offer over 20 years experience in diagnosing and fixing home and business printers. I am eager to assist you today.
44312836

Unable to print more than 1 copy on my copystar cs255c

Customer Question

Unable to print more than 1 copy on my copystar cs255c copier. I was able to print until I switched to Comcast router. Other pc in office can print to it. Isolated issue on my pc only. Had 2 technicians updated firmware and driver.. still unable to print. help
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to assist you today.

Please give me a minute to review your question and get back to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Hello, clearly this is a networked printer, and you're sending a print job to the printer and just to be clear, if you send a job to only print for example a 1 page document and only 1 copy of said document it printers fine. If however you send the same document to the printer and request 5 copies of the document it only prints one copy and not the other 4. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. When I send a document to print a single copy to my copystar copier it prints fine. The same document and request 2+ prints, I got nothing... not even one print. It appears in my printer icon that it is printing 1 document then disappears and nothing prints. I have no clue where it goes.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and wonderful information. You say 2 other technicians updated firmware and drivers, but to no avail. I have been at this for well over 25 years, and am usually able to determine if the issue lies with the printer or computer. This issue most likely is with the driver. I would like to offer what we call remote services in which I would connect securely to your pc, and fix the issue while you watch. This remote services option does add an additional $25 fee, but in the event I cannot fix it, as per our policy, you would get a full refund of the original and the additional fee as well.

If you prefer to keep going as we are just decline the offer, otherwise, accept and I will send a note with instructions to start a secure remote session.

Thanks in advance either way you choose.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know either way. I am happy to proceed no matter how you want to move forward be it remote or chat. Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chat is fine for now.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good. Give me a few minutes

Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Please tell me the printer driver version that is currently installed? And also what other printers are installed on this pc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a copystar cs255c copier machine. Current driver is 6.3.0909 Kyocera KX Driver.
I have an Epson WF-3520 printer installed with access to my admins printer which is the same WF-3520
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Ok, hold on just looking some things up.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Alright, you are using the most up to date driver, however being that it is very new, I would like to have you uninstall it, reboot, install an older driver, reboot and try printing the 2x copies again.

What version of windows are you running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS is Windows 7. I was running the older driver version and no more than 1 copy would print. The new version was just installed 2 days ago and did not make any difference. Yesterday the tech did exactly what you mentioned above and nothing changed. I was printing fine prior to my new Comcast router was installed. I know that doesn't make since but that is when I encountered an issue. My admin PC has not had any issues printing to it.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

So did you or the technician completely UNINSTALL the printer before anything else? I ask because since the router change, it could be that the printer is using a different IP address and the way the driver is configured for both of your machines are different and could cause the issue your describing.

Basically, the IP can be dynamic, static etc, and if the printer was setup the way I would have done it, it would not make a difference if the IP changes, but in regards ***** ***** pc, it seems like there is some difference. I know this can be confusing but sometimes there are no other options then to start from scratch with printers and wifi and or network printing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The technician did the uninstall & reinstall. The IP address did change and those were updated months ago. Guess what I just did?? I went into the printer properties and changed it from the 'spool print documents so program finishes printing faster' to the option of 'print directly to the printer.' It is now printing multiply copies. Although this sounds like a cheap fix, it is working. :-)
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

That is strange, as spooling of jobs on network printers should allow the multi print jobs. So glad we got it figure out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure this is not the best way to fix it but it is what is working. I wonder what issues this might create.... s l o w n e s s... lol
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

It might well be slowness. Please go to your other computer and attempt to do similar printing to make sure it has not affected it and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tested multiple copies from admin PC and its just fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is not the fix I would prefer but I have spent hours between yesterday and today and was ready to make 1 print and copy thereafter... :-) love to hate computers.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

I'm happy to hear that it is working none the less. Please accept my assistance for today and rate my service and I will leave this request open for a few days in case you run into any other issues with this you would then be able to reply back here and I could further assist.

Thanks in advance and please know I will always do my best to give you the highest quality support and answers you want, but as you know, in some cases what we want and what we get are two different things. Grrrr. It's always a love hate thing with computers isn't it! :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you..
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome Donna.

I have assisted with your question to the best of my ability, and hope that you can happily accept my answer and give me a rating of 5 stars. This is how I am credited with helping you here on JustAnswer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service and if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

For future questions I am giving you my direct link to contact me. I only give this to special customers so please only share with your family and close friends.

To submit your future support questions directly with me, click HERE and submit your questions.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

Donna, did I miss something or was there something else you needed today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, Nothing for you to attend to. I resolved the issue yesterday afternoon . thanks