Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

XP 235...I've set the printer up with ink and paper. I want

Customer Question
to use it from wifi...
XP 235...I've set the printer up with ink and paper. I want to use it from wifi from my iPad. Downloaded the Epsom app and not sure weather I need a router or not. I have a router but I'm connected with Telstra air hot spots and don't need the router to use my iPad. Can you kindly help me get the printer working from iPad. It doesn't say in the instructions what the buttons are for. Can I use the printer to just copy without using any mobile device? ....so unsure, I'm an oldie!!!! Thanks ūüėä
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/15/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Julie-Anne and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially yes; the Epson Expression Home XP-235 needs to be wirelessy connected to a Wi-Fi LAN or more specifically to an access point or commonly called the wireless router.

The iPad would also have to be connected to this access point which would thus serve as a common link to all the wireless devices in your home.

That way the iPad can send print jobs to the XP-234 wireless (through the router).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The router I have is......N300 wifi gigabit router....will that do the job?

To my understanding, yes as the N300 series has WiFi capability.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This router I had before at a previous address and the cable is connected to a landline...Telstra. Here, I don't have an active landline only mobile. I plug the router in...then what? I use Telstra air free hotspot wifi.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also you said the iPad has to be connected to the router. Now I'm really confused......

Do the same procedure when the iPad was configured to work with "...Telstra air free hotspot wifi..." (note down the settings so it can be re-configured back).

To connect the iPad to the N300:

• tap the “Settings” icon on your iPad's home screen;
  • tap “Wi-Fi” on the settings screen;
  • enable Wi-Fi by sliding the Wi-Fi slider to “On”;
  • tap the name, or SSID, of your N300 router's wireless network under Choose a Network;
  • enter your N300 router's wireless network password;
  • and tap “Join.”
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello???????..........are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was with tpg network at previous address and they supplied the router, which I paid for, they set it up with a password ***** me and I don't know it. To ring tog takes forever and quite frankly I'd rather jump off a bridge.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just did what you suggested. Went to settings, in 'other' I typed tpg and they had a not found response. I'll try tpg/non

The SSID and password/Security Key is normally printed on the Wireless Security Card that cam with the N300 when new.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right, I did that. Same response, not found. Is this really as hard as I think it is or am I just stupid!?!

Can you try doing a RESET of the router?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ah! Thanks for that. Yes I do remember that little card.......now where did I put the ........ ing thing!?

Try using the information from the card. If still a no-go, perform a RESET and then try again the SSID and Security Key.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please give me a little time to look for the card. If I can't find it I'll let you know. Thanking you.

Of course; when able.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Our wires are crossing.....no I haven't tried anything with the router yet...not till I find the card.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good ����
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi....I've found the info needed but am pretty tired now and it's late. So I'll have a go at this tomorrow if that's OK? Night x
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I must add....when I plugged the router in I noticed in settings on the iPad that it automatically put me on TPG 8411 wifi. However nothing worked as it was locked. I don't understand the lingo to fill in to enter it. Besides I don't want to rejoin with them. I am using free Telstra air! So how do we get around that little problem.?

Let's try the RESET tomorrow or when conveniently able.

Hopefully the N300 is not LOCKED with former Internet provider.

Louie, Technician