Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I can see it on my PC, but it won't print. Prints test pages

Customer Question
fine from printer. JA: What's the...
I can see it on my PC, but it won't print. Prints test pages fine from printer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an HP Photosmart 8750 ... just out of box. Replacing same model after 5 years. Tried to run install, but msg said "Cannot run as ..."
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried reinstalling software
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's about it ...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/14/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Do you use USB or wireless connection ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
USB

Thanks, ***** ***** have uninstalled the driver of the previous printer, before installing the new printer ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already paid through Paypal

Sorry, I tried to accept the remote offer, but it failed due to some payment problem, you may have to approve the payment from bank.

The payment was for the question, not for the remote support.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then just tell me how to uninstall and reinstall ... I can do it

Yes, that will be better, if you are comfortable in doing that. Please let me know, which version of Windows do you use ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have Windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought it might be an issue between the older printer and the newer OS, but it's been working fine up until a couple of days ago.

OK, do you mean the new printer was working or the old one ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its a brand new printer, but same model.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This leads me to suspect that the issue isn't the printer, but something in the PC.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Neither printer will print from PC command.

OK, please open the devices and printers window from your PC and reply me back. Let me know, if you need the steps to open the window.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done

Thanks, ***** ***** see the printer icon on that window ?

Now select the printer icon and look at the bottom of the window for the status of the printer, let me know what is it, error, ready or offline ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
State says default, but there are none of the ones you listed.

Did you checked the bottom of the Printers and Devices window ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lists devices, shows icons ... that is all ... bottoms has icon, says 15 items

After you select the printer icon, you will see the details at the bottom, "State", "Status", Model,category etc. at the bottom of the window.

Thanks for the image, you have not selected the printer icon, I have asked you the select the icon first and then check the bottom of the window.

I am asking you to select the printer icon, not opening it. Just click on the icon to select it and let me know the status, because unless I know the status , it is very difficult to understand the problem, as I cannot see your PC.

Yes, it has everything, I listed. Please check the image and look at the base of the image, you will see Status, Model etc. OK, can you tell me what is happening exactly when you try to print ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I get a small blue Windows msg in the lower rt corner of my screen that says "printer in error state"

OK, now right click on the printer icon and select Troubleshoot from the pop-up menu and follow the onscreen instructions then, let me know what do you see at the end.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

OK, now right click on the printer icon and select Remove Device and let me know, when the icon disappear from the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
gone

Now, disconnect the printer USB cable from the PC and then reconnect it after few secs. wait until the icon reappear, let me know after that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Icon is back, but has (Copy 1) after the name ...

Do you see the check mark on it ?

Now, try to print something and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You're a genius ... printed fine. What was the issue?

Nothing, just some driver problem, reinstalling solved the problem. Please let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do.

Thanks.

Sudipto, Engineer