Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium. Am getting error message

Customer Question
I have a HP Officejet...
I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium.
Am getting error message as follows even after changing out empty Cayan cartridge.
"Ink System Failure"
"There is a problem with the printer or ink system". I have rebooted printer several times and still not working.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/14/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Joe.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Engineer