Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

HP3105 tellng me there is ajam there isnt. two days, reboot.

Customer Question
HP3105 tellng me there is...
HP3105 tellng me there is ajam there isnt.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: two days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reboot . check papers . more in . less in everything
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 3105 . 2 years old?
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/12/2016
Technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is there a code with the paper jam message? what is the model of your actual printer?

Is there a code with the paper jam message?

Please follow the HP article below for all solutions exactly to clear print error.

(i do realize you have done some of this, but please follow these to fix issue. If it doesnt, we can rule it out)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04100779

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HP 3105 .No error code
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried all that in article.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wrong printer

I understand it is not the same printer. You can use HP documents to show steps for similar models.

I have your manual, but it doesnt have the graphics with steps that one has. We cannot troubleshoot

together if you refuse to retry the steps requested. Troubleshooting is often repetitive to rule those steps

out WITH a follow guide, or in combination with other steps again. We keep working through until we find

a solution, even though it seems repetitious.

I cannot help you if you refuse to try again. I will open this up to another expert who can help guide you if

you follow the steps they send.

good luck. please stand by for another expert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I said that i had tried all that. Then you sent me another one which was identical to the first one. So calm down and try and help please.I was also asked for the model number after I had given it twice.
Technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Hello, I am Jennie and I'll be assisting you today.

I understand that your printer is throwing a jam error when there isn't a jam.

Sometimes, there may be a jam that we can't see. Maybe debris in the unit that is undetectable. Here are some things you can try.

1.) Pull the trays out. Take some of the paper out and push the tray back in.

2.) Look in the top cover area to check for debris. Remove any that you see.

3.) Remove the print cartridge, check for debris, and put it back. Don't expose it to light for too long.

4.) Slightly lift up the rear door, and then, on the inside of the door, lift up on the middle portion of the black assembly to release the clips. Let the rear door drop completely open. Check for debris. Close it back. It will clip automatically.

If none of that works, try printing to a different output bin and see if you still get the message.

Let me know if that works!

If it does resolve your issue, please rate my answer so that I may receive credit for assisting you!

Thank you for using Just Answer!

Jennie

Were you able to resolve this at all? Thank you for your reply in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will check when I get back to office. Thanks

Ok! Let me know!

Jennie

Did you resolve this? Just checking in.

Jennifer French
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician