Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a PIXMA MG3600 printer bought in April of this year.

Customer Question

I have a PIXMA MG3600 printer bought in April of this year. At this time I need to print a large number of copies of a genealogy. I have my documents ready to be printed, put in the 30 of each I need on the printer page and it only prints one. My MG5320 I had previously also did not print from the printer screen number. However I had a selection on the printer itself to indicate the number of copies I wanted. On this MG3600 I do not have that option that I have been able to see. I really want to print off my computer documents, so why doesn't the number of copies give me more than one?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Let me know if you have windows or mac on the computer that you are using with the printer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have windows 7 on my computer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok...please open any email and try a print and in number of copies select 2

if it does not give you the option to select number of copies, let me know

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if it prints 2 copies or just one

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

also let me know that the genealogy copies you are trying to print are on what kind of file, word document, images or pdf files or some other format

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't believe I could print 2 copies from my email. What's keeping my Works documents from printing more copies?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

that would need to be checked if its something specific to the document settings or the printer settings

just for testing please open any other document and try printing 2-3 copies, it could be a word document, some picture etc

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know the status and they we will be in a better situation to figure out what needs to be fixed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are in a Microsoft Works Task Launcher document.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok what about printing a picture or a ms word document

did you try printing copies of these?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I requested the document of 3 pages print 2 copies. It only printed 1.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

was it a document in works task launcher or some other program

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in Works Task Launcher.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok then this problem is specific to the works task launcher program

can you tell me the extension of the file name of any works file

like.doc , .rtf, etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says wps behind document name. I recently learned if I wanted to send an attachment in my email, I had to save it I rtf. Could that be required here?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will have to check the extension settings

give me a moment please

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

thanks for waiting

have you tried saving the file in .doc or .rtf format

also are you able to open these files in microsoft word??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried saving my document in .rtf. I thought I had selected the change in the save as, but somehow it didn't save that way. Do I have to close the document in .wps, and then open it again?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes

you have to save it as rtf and then open it again ensuring that you open the file with .rtf extension as there would be 2 files..one would be the existing one with .wps and a new one with .rtf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I chose another document and I saw it had the .rtf. I gave it command to print, but after 2 pages my printer ran out of ink. I have to insert a new cartridge.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok insert new ink and then check

if the printer prints fine on rtf extension then it would be best to save files in rtf extension for printing

as works is a pretty old and discontinued product by microsoft, with newer devices and operating system upgrades not all extension would work with all features

the original files settings have to be tweaked and tested as to which workaround setting will be best

let me know if the rtf file format prints copies or not and i will suggest further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get it open to insert my new cartridge. Is there a button to push?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got your directions, but I still cannot get it open. I did step A and B, but then it does not open.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Open the paper output cover (C)

check the picture and then follow the steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did get it open finally and inserted the new black cartridge but now my diamond shape below the on bottom is flashing.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open and close the cover again and press the resume button or the flashing button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That should have sad button
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't stop flashing. It now looks like my color button isn't lit up either. Oh dear!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

remove the cartridges and re seat them again it must not be sitting correctly.

Did you remove the packaging take from the bottom of the cartridge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just opened it again and took out cartridges and now everything is flashing.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Remove the cartridges and then unplug the power cable from the printer and wait for 3 mins reconnect power open the cover and then install the cartridges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the cartridge and unplugged the cable, now reconnected and reinstalled, and everything is still flashing. I can't continue anymore tonight. When I can get the printer going again, I will try using the .rtf.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Alright let me know we can continue whenever you want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally was able to take my printer with the 3 flashing lights to Office Max. I needed to have the cartridges replaced. Late at night like 1:30 a.m. when I was working with you, I accidentally put in an old cartridge I was saving to recycle. My new black cartridge had gotten pushed to the back of my drawer. The colored one was defective and replaced at the store. Today I was able to print copies using the rtf format you suggested, instead of wps. I did save my document in rtf on a flash drive and took it to Kinko's for copying.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

What is the output right now is it working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have printed copies. It is finally working. Thank you for all your responses
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.