Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I changed my internet to a faster connection and now my

Customer Question

Hello, I changed my internet to a faster connection and now my computer cannot locate my printer wirelessly. My printer shows that it has internet connection though.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson WorkForce 630 about 5 years old?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. OSX El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened right when we upgraded our internet service from regular to Blast on AT&T.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you change the internet modem / router device also?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- On the printer, please do the following steps:

1. Press the Setup button.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wireless LAN Setup.
  4. Select Setup Wizard. A list of all available SSIDs appears on the LCD screen.
  5. Select your SSID from the list, then press OK.
  6. If prompted, enter your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key and connect / ok.
  7. Then see if you can print now.

Solution #2:

- If you have done Solution #1 above successfully, but it's still not working, then please do the following steps on the computer:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Then open Printers & Scanners
  3. Then click on the Epson printer there, and click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.
  4. Make sure printer is powered on.
  5. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer. If yes, select it and add it.
  6. Then check printing.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

- If needed, for Solution #1, please click on the Epson website below for detailed instructions:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=152505&prodoid=63088782&foid=168797&UseCookie=yes

- How is it going? Are you stuck at any step? Is there any error or message?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,