Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a canon Pixma MX892 printer. I am getting a message

Customer Question
I have a canon Pixma...
I have a canon Pixma MX892 printer. I am getting a message the type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head U052
Can you help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/7/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem is with the printhead and not with the cartridges that's why you cannot solve the problem by replacing the cartridges. The final solution for this problem is replacing the printhead, but before that follow the steps below to remove the printhead from the printer then, clean the contacts on it with a cotton swab and IP alcohol. Reseat the printhead and check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace it to solve the problem. Please let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray gently.

2. Lift the Scanning Unit / Cover (1) , then hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support (2). (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

3. Remove all the Ink Tanks in the following manner.
    1. Push the tab and lift the ink tank to remove.
    2. Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lever .

4. Raise the print head lock lever.
  5. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sudipto,

Did you try the steps , I mentioned ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed the print head, cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, and reinserted it. I'm still getting the same message. I will need a new print head.
Thanks for the assistance,

Unfortunately, that is correct Roger. Please let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Sudipto, Engineer