Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Konica Bizhub 501 I bought second hand. When I turn

Customer Question
Hey, I have a Konica Bizhub...
Hey,
I have a Konica Bizhub 501 I bought second hand. When I turn it on I hear the fan start and the lights on the panel turn on, but the screen does not light up. The start button is steady flashing Blue/Amber. Anyone have any ideas? I can't seem to find all too much on Google.
-Sam
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/7/2016
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Electronics Pete

Hi Samuel

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey,Any Ideas?

The flashing amber/blue start button indicates a problem with the built-in HDD.

Try replacing the HDD and let me know if that helps?

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will try it, where would I find the HDD? And can I replace it with any normal Sata HDD?

You can get a replacement HDD from Amazon.com or a computer store.

Any compatible SATA HDD will do.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey,I was asking if you knew where the HDD was located on the copier at all?Thanks

The HDD is mounted on the MFP board (at the back of machine) and is installed in its own metal housing.

You cant really miss it once you take the back covers off you should see it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks for that. Sorry I'm actually out of the country until Thursday but I will check it when I get home. I thought the HDD was optional, if so why would it not start if there was no HDD?-Sam

The HDD is optional, however if it is installed then the machine will check it upon startup; if it is failed then the machine will not progress any further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Pete,I just got home and replaced the Hdd and that didn't work. the same thing still happens.So the fan spins up on the back and the start button goes from just being solid orange to flashing Amber/Blue. The screen is black, and that's all. nothing else happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from turning the main switch on it takes 1 second for the light to go orange, then it will stay orange for 2 more seconds, then flash.

Ok, let me check if the other techs have any further ideas on what might be causing this...

Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 1 year ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi Sam, I have some experience with this issue.

The problem is a bad main board, unfortunately they dont sell the parts needed to fix the board unless you are a certified factory technician for them;-(

Its likley just a bad IC or transistor causing this error condition. But you can have it repaired by just about any local printer copier repair shop for a fair price;-)

I wish I had better news for you, I really do, but I know this one so well. Also thanks for the pic that confirmed my suspicion.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Sam!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey,I am looking for a place to get it repaired. What about it suggests that it's the main board, and any idea what's broken on it? And is there suppose to be something in the 2 Dimm slots on the board?-Sam
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician