Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Replaced my old PC with a Dell laptop with Windows 7

Customer Question
Professional...64 bit. I reinstalled my Lexmark...
Replaced my old PC with a Dell laptop with Windows 7 Professional...64 bit.
I reinstalled my Lexmark printer install CD (7675 model printer), and the printer just spits out blank pages of a document...but Test page comes out fine. A message pops up that I need to download Microsoft.Net Version 2.0... but it is already installed. HELP!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2016
Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you had on your old PC?

Windows XP or Vista?

Technician: jinsmn, Engineer replied 1 year ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Pardon the interruption.

My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Windows XP or Vista?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't remember what the old version was...I "think" it was XP, but I'm not sure.

Thank you. I suspect the installation disk used was quite old. Updated software for your new machine can be found

here: Lexmark Software

Select your current operating system (Windows 7) and download

and install the new software and drivers. I can perform these steps for you

and have made an offer to do so via Secure Remote Assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did what you suggested...installed the new software and drivers...printer still spits out blank pages.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
although this time I did not see the "microsoft.net framework version 2.0 needs installed to continue".....BUT the printer still just shoots out blank pages.

Can we do a screen sharing session so I can troubleshoot this further?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, sorry, I won't give outside access to my system.

Understood.

Technician: comp_audio, Technician replied 1 year ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician

Hello, please tell me if you have recently replaced your ink cartridges and if not how old are they?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I have not recently replaced them. The test page at the end of the install prints out fine..

If you go to the properties of your printer, and choose test page, will it print out from there as well and if so does it look fine with no streaks, fading or missing lines?

Hoping to get a status update???

Please tell me if you are still needing assistance with your printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it is working ok now...but give me a few days to really test it. I removed ALL traces of it from my laptop, then installed the current drivers from the Lexmark website, then installed all ne ink cartridges, and I "think" it is fixed now, but I want to test it for a few days with different printouts from different programs.

Okay, I do understand that and am glad that it is now working as you wanted. I wanted to also let you know that you are able to accept my answer and rate my service, and I will leave it open for you in order to answer any follow up issues regarding your printing issues that we have solved for you today.

Also in the future should you need assistance for any other reason you can ask me directly by going to this link http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-compaudio/ and submitting it there. I am normally available Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm CST.

Thanks in advance.

comp_audio
comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician