Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an error 0x97 and no matter how many time I reboot

Customer Question
and turn off the printer...
I have an error 0x97 and no matter how many time I reboot and turn off the printer it still has error.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: wf 7620 about 2 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have turn the printer off and on and replaced ink
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just that I hate this printer LOL
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Beyond the 1 year warranty period, service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine with a fresh warranty for the same price or less: http://amzn.to/2aAVLYP

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll advise further if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It worked for a minute...LOL. What is a good wide format printer with scanner to purchase? I print transparencies for screen printing. I am looking in the $300.00 range.

I would actually still go with the same model, you really won't find anything better in a wide format all in one model, and you could then at least utilize your existing ink supply.

There are other good wide format printer only options, but then you'd need a separate scanner. If you don't need to scan full size, I'd consider getting a basic all in one laser, eg: http://amzn.to/1JSHOlQ for your everyday printing and scanning, then a seprate wide format color model for your other needs: http://amzn.to/2axtkam

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Engineer