Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a MAC running OSX Capitan, and a canon MG6120

Customer Question
printer, both connected to...
I have a MAC running OSX Capitan, and a canon MG6120 printer, both connected to an Apple extreme router. Printer works fine, from anywhere on the net, but will not scan - when I hit scan, it says "wait momentarily, then resets...........
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2016
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are you pressing the Scan button on the Mac application or on or the printer itself?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand - I put in my question, paid the $23 up front, chatted briefly with a screener, then got booted to another payment page, with a message the technician was ready. then another payment page.........finally ended up with this "you have an unclaimed offer" I think I need to go back to GO!

May I ask for you to read my question from earlier and answer it?

Thank you,

Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the delay - life intrudes, you know. The answer to your question is: I am pressing the scan button on the printer - under the lit up 'start' - there are two, one for color, one for B/W This is after the screen says PC, local, USB, DOC Type Document, etc.

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think you guys are running a bait and switch web site. Do you have intention of actually giving technical help? I sign up, get hit for the total $23.00 - not the advertised $5.00 down. Then I get an offer for "secure remote assistance" for only $39.00 with "satisfaction Guaranteed" - excuse me, but I have only become more suspicious from my interactions with you. I have to figure out how to get my $23.00 worth - I am certainly not going to give you more money.

I have remoted into computers scores of thousands of times with no problems. I am sorry that you think this is a bait and switch business. That is how IT works.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. I am sorry about the misunderstanding about our service. There is a $5 refundable deposit for a higher negotiable fee to answer your question or resolve your problem. Satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, you will not be charged and any charges will be refunded. The secure remote assistance service is a premium service for an additional charge. However, with your cooperation it may be possible to solve your problem without a remote connection.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. I am sorry about the misunderstanding about our service. The $5 refundable deposit is applied to a higher negotiable fee for answering your question or resolving your problem. Satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, you will not be charged and any charges will be refunded. The secure remote assistance service is a premium service for an additional charge. However, with your cooperation it may be possible to solve your problem without a remote connection.

John, Computer Science Engineer