Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Cannon MG8120 is not scanning, Where do I find that info?

Customer Question
My Cannon MG8120 is not...
My Cannon MG8120 is not scanning
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Where do I find that info?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I reloaded the program
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: WiFi no longer works
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2016
Technician: Jennifer French, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician

Good Morning! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today!

I understand that you are having an issue with your Canon printer not scanning and will not connect to wifi, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Before we try remote assistance, we are gonna run through a few things first. I don't want you to have spend money you don't need to spend, okay? I'm too honest for that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

First, have you tried unplugging the device for about 10 minutes and plugging it back in? By doing this, you are ridding the machine of all static. Since it is summer, static can make our machines act a little wonky. When was the last time this worked properly, anyway?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not unplugged the machine.
I do not remember the last time it worked properly
It has not connected to WIFI since becoming a Time Warner Cable Customer.

Try unplugging it for me. The quick version is unplugging it, holding down the power button after it is unplugged for about 30 seconds, and then plugging back in. That'll clear static as well. Once that is done, we will see if that works. If it doesn't we will try something else.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot continue now. Can we resume this afternoon?

We certainly can. Just reply and it will alert me. I should be here later!

Were you still needing assistance with this issue? If it is resolved, I'll be more than happy to close the ticket. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have canceled my account with your company
I thought I was dealing directly with Canon not a third party

Ok thank you for considering us as an option! I'll make sure everything is cancelled.

Jennie

John, Computer Science Engineer