Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

Canon mx922 error code 6000. Printer cartridges have no

Customer Question

canon mx922 error code 6000. Printer cartridges have no lights
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1 year old. 1st time with this problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: power off, unplug printer, unplugged usb telephone cord, and removed and reinstalled printer cartridges.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

I understand that you are getting Error 6000 on your Canon MX922 printer and that your print cartridges have no lights?

Error 6000 is what you call a "line feed error". Most of the time, it is caused by something being jammed in the feed rollers or something blocking the paper path. It might be a small bit of paper, paper clip, or staple, or anything like that.

If you open the cover, when the print head moves to the center of the printer, unplug the power cord. Then manually move the print carriage all the way to the left. Check to see if there is an obstruction with a flashlight. If you don't find anything, remove the rear turn around door and see if there is an obstruction there.

If you still haven't found anything, move the carriage to the far right, and examine everything. Make sure the timing disk is vertical and still attached. If you don't see anything obvious anywhere, get some canned air and blast the inside of the printer.

Reply back if you were unsuccessful and we will troubleshoot further. If you were able to resolve the issue, please kindly rate my answer so that I may receive credit.

Thank you for using Just Answer and have a good evening.

Were you able to resolve this at all? Thank you for your response in advance.

Would you like to close this question out? Were you able to get this resolved? Thank you.

Were you able to get this resolved? Thank you.