Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I just changed two cartridges the other day, was working OK,

Customer Question

Hi, I just changed two cartridges the other day, was working OK, this morning got very poor printed page, opened printer, closed it, got a 59.F) error. tells me to shut off and on, did so, keeps repeating error message and won,t print.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: HP 3800 laserjet, only HP parts.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only shut it off and on. don't know what else to do.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, this fix would be great. love my printer!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same problem, same error message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Can you put the old cartridges back in and tell me if this still gives the error please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same message. Don't want to bother you anymore, printer is 10 years old. just bought a new one from HP on sale. thanks anyway.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it is the printer head that has failed though, this now confirms it.

If the printer is 10 years old a repair is not possible, it would be more expensive then a replacement printer, you will need to replace it sorry

IF you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you