John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Cannon MP49D is only printing in red. How do I fix this?

Customer Question

my Cannon MP49D is only printing in red. How do I fix this?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: quite a while
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does this happen for all numbers, or only for negative results?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the numbers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that sounds like you either have a faulty printhead, or that the ribbon may be installed upside down. There is an ink roll/ribbon that has a black and red strip on it, and if it was installed backwards/upside down, they could be in the wrong position and the pins hit the wrong color, open up the top remove the ribbon and reinsert the other way, then let me know if that helps.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?