TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I am not a technie. I am having trouble printing anything.

Customer Question

I am not a technie. I am having trouble printing anything. I've been trying to print a receipt stored in my documents. I have, also, been trying to print some pictures. I have plugged and unplugged. I have checked the ink levels. I have tried printing the picture in the picture tray and it continues to say "there is no paper". I have even tried printing from the main paper tray. No luck. The document I was trying to print sometimes partially prints. It looks like when the ink is low. However. the ink cartridges are over half full. Help!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you may have multiple issues. I would suggest that we begin by checking to make sure that your printer driver is up to date. It may have become corrupted and need to be uninstalled and reinstalled. It also sounds like you need to do a "print nozzle check" and likely a cleaning, or even deep cleaning as well.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

I'll need to know the operating system that is on your computer.

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want the special offer. I just want someone to help me.
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in responding. I was helping another customer to troubleshoot and it was much more time consuming than I anticipated. Give me just a moment please to type out specific troubleshooting instructions for you. While I am working on that, please go to control panel and uninstall all of the HP printer software that you see.

To access the Control Panel, you can right click on the start button. Next, let click PROGRAMS AND FEATURES. Look for any HP printing software. Select the program(s), then click Uninstall.

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

After you have uninstalled the current Hp printer driver, restart both the printer and the computer. Next, click the following link, on your computer

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6809225/model/6809226/drivers

Click on "Check NOW" and follow the instructions on the screen to install the most current drivers for your Operating System. Be sure to set the printer as default if given the option.

Test now to see if you can print a simple text document.

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If the documents prints but the ink is faded or missing colors, please follow the steps listed on the HP support site to correct the issue. Here's the link to the support page for your printer. Please let me now if you have any specific questions about the instructions.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04351328

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

.