Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My FujiXero CP205w printer reads there's no reception on the

Customer Question
wirelss system. all my other...
my FujiXero CP205w printer reads there's no reception on the wirelss system. all my other printers are working fine and i have wifi access to interet.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: FujiXero 205w - 4-5 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: resetting the network set up. resetttng printers in Mac OS X
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/23/2016
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mac OSX el Capitan 10.11.06

What is the exact error message that you report as "no reception on the wireless system"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The message on the printer when I check the wireless status reads: No Reception.

Thank you. Exactly what did you do to reset the network setup?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I switched the printer on and off. tried to reset the link to the wifi router. tried to rest printers in the Mac system. The printer obviously does not show up in the list of available wifi printers in the system panel

How did you try to reset the link to the wifi router? I do not mean to put you on the defensive with all these questions. Rather, I can tell that you are capable enough that I can trust the things that you have done without having to repeat them. The only exception to that is that some things must be done in the proper order, but I don't think that is an issue here so far.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No worries! I rentered the details for the network set up - network name and password. it's using a WPA2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it possible the wifi antenna in the printer is damaged?

It is possible that some part of the radio frequency signal path is damaged. Have you rebooted the wireless router? There is a possibility that the signal quality has degraded, not enough to affect your other devices, but still enough to affect the most sensitive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
done that. still no reception

You can do that by removing the power cable from the router for about a minute and then reconnecting it. It will take a couple of minutes for the router to reinitialize before the connections become reestablished. It is easy to do, and it might make a difference.

Let's explore how you reentered the network name and password. I would expect that the printer would display the network name, if your wireless router is set to broadcast the network name (which is the default condition), so that you could select it and then enter the password, instead of actually typing in the name. Did your printer display any of the wireless networks (from neighboring wifi networks) that are displayed on your other devices? If it was supposed to display the networks and did not, that fact alone would indicated an electronic reception failure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The latter - the printer does not display any networks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there a way to reset the printer?

That is a good idea. I don't know the menus on your Fuji printer. Is there a control panel on the printer that allows you to navigate through a menu system?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i was hoping you could assist.

On my HP printer the menus for that are Setup > Tools > Restore Factory Defaults. Do you have similar menus?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll check
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Amazingly enough, nope!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
went to the manual and found a way to reset!

I am searching for documentation on your printer. What is the full model name and numver3

What is the full model name and number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Reset still no luck. No reception.
Model is FujiXero Docuprint CP205w

FujiXero or FujiXerox?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FujiXerox

I found DocuPrint 205 b but not 205w. Anyway, you are ahead of me on that. You have the manual, you performed the reset, and it did not help.

I am afraid that I cannot solve the problem, since it seems to be a hardware problem. You cannot have it repaired for any reasonable cost. It would be cheaper to purchase a new printer. I still have one question. I do not know if you remember, but when it worked, did it display the network name, or did you have to key it in?

John, Computer Science Engineer