Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I keep getting error 6000 on my Canon Pixma MG 5520. I've

Customer Question
I keep getting error 6000...
I keep getting error 6000 on my Canon Pixma MG 5520. I've unplugged and turned it off multiple times. I don't see any little pieces of paper. Before I got that error it would not grab the paper and print.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/21/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This seems to be a hardware problem, please open the printer cover and let me know if the cartridges can move to the center, automatically or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It won't do anything with the error message lit up but when I have turned it off and manually moved it to center it does return to the left side automatically.

Thanks for the update, the problem is caused due to a hardware fault and unless the printer is inspected physically, it is very difficult to say what is exactly defective, the las solution for this problem is repairing the printer, but before that you can try the steps below at home.

Solution 1:

• Verify that the paper tray is correctly set.
  • If any object is placed in front of the machine, remove it.

Solution 2:

• Search for any small pieces of paper in the printer, or a tiny object.

Solution 3:

• Power off the printer
  • Wait 5 minute
  • Power on.

Solution 4:

• Clean the encoder strip with a soft cloth, let me know if you need any help following this step.

Solution 4a:

Solution 5: one of these parts could be faulty:

• Timing sensor unit QM2-2683
      • Timing slit disk film QC1-6229
      • Feed roller ass'y QL2-0925
      • Platten unit QM2-2923
      • Logic board ass'y QM2-3078
      • Paper feed motor QK1-1502
      Sudipto, Engineer