Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

HOW DO I WIRELESSLY CONNECT MY APPLE MAC 17INCH LAPTOP TO MY

Customer Question

HOW DO I WIRELESSLY CONNECT MY APPLE MAC 17INCH LAPTOP TO MY CANNON MP230 series PRINTER ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, John.

The short answer is that you cannot use the printer in that manner.

This is a very basic printer model, it is a simple printer and nothing more, which has only a USB interface. You can use it via a usb cable plugged between the printer and the mac, but it has no ability to connect to wifi or to print wirelessly, only via the cord.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this, John?