Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am trying to install a Canon PIXMA printer MG2960 to print

Customer Question
from my MAC computer but...
I am trying to install a Canon PIXMA printer MG2960 to print from my MAC computer but it is not working. Please advise me as to what to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/17/2016
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you setting it up it via USB or Wireless connection ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wireless

Do you have a USB cable came with the printer ? It is is easy to setup Wireless using USB cable

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You cost me than the printer.

If you are talking about the remote support offer, please ignore it. It is an automated offer from this website and it is optional. I will send you instructions in here without any additional payment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have a cable.

The reason your printer is not appearing on the Mac is because you probably have not it connected to WiFi. Can you check the box of the printer for a cable ? or do you have any cable from old printer there ?

It should look like this --> http://driver-pro.com/static/images/article-content/usb-printer-installation-tutorial/usb-printer-cable.jpg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am afraid it did not come with a cable.

Since your printer doesn't have the LCD screen, it is hard to setup WiFi on it. On your router, do you see a WPS button ? Two circular arrows button ?

The WPS button looks like two circular arrows, in loop. It may be at the front, bottom or side of router. Some routers doesn't have it though.

Tell me the model of your router and I will check if it have WPS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is a router?

The small box installed by your internet service provider, so you can access internet

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have found the WPS. It is a Telstra system.

Lets try connecting using WPS. Press the WiFi on your printer for 5 seconds and it will go into pairing mode. Now within 1 minute, press the WPS button on your router for 1-3 seconds and your printer will be paired. You may need to repeat this step.

To see if it is connected, on your Mac, go to Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. Press the + button there and does it recognize the printer there ?

or check the Canon installation app and does it appear there ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried several times to press the WIFI on the printer and also the WPS router button but no luck so far -makes no difference.

Then you need to buy the USB cable. USB cables are cheap and can get it for less than $5. You can get the printer USB cable from any local electronics stores

Can you buy it ? You only need this cable temporarily to setup WiFi on printer using your Mac. Once WiFi settings are saved, you can disconnect the cable.

Or please try WPS setup again. Refer this article --> http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Tutorial/MG2900%20series/EN/TRL/trl-3000.html

(Accesspoint means router in the above article)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is too late to go out and buy one now, Have tried again, Is that it?

We can continue tomorrow. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later via that bookmark when you get the cable. It would take only 5 minutes to setup this with a cable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will buy one tomorrow. Thank you. Jaynie

No problem. Good Night

Hi there, Just checking. Did you get the USB cable ?

Ashik, Technician