Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions
62924203

Brother printer not printing. Serial no. COF 286571 MFC-

Customer Question

Hi, Brother printer not printing.
Serial no. COF 286571
MFC- 255cw
I have checked computer all ticked.
Message comes up read trouble shooting and routine management.
yours Ellen Mary: mob:(###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please state what the error message is, and whether it is on the printer or on the computer's screen.

Please also tell me whether your computer is a Windows PC or an Apple computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on printer - unable 4F, trouble shooting in manual
ASUS windows
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

How old is your Brother printer, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be ok
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds as if it might be 'broken', I'm sorry to say. 'Unable 4F' type messages, on this brand and type of printer, means nothing good.

Open the printer and examine it inside. Is anything loose, paper clips, paper scraps, etc., in there?

Close it up again. Turn it Off for 2+ hours to cool off and reset, with the printer also unplugged from the power.

After those 2+ hours, plug in to the power again, and see if there is a lack of error message on the printer. I hope so, but I fear it will not be cured.

At that point, if it reaches that point, it will be a matter for deciding between having the printer repaired, and having it replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to assist or not, or do I end.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot assist... this isn't a case where assistance will help, I'm sorry to say.

I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will leave it thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have requested remote assistance. Please click this link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7b4317fa-45d9-4b25-996e-afaa745a9d62