Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I am getting an error on Brother printer HL-4040CN' Print

Customer Question

I am getting an error on Brother printer HL-4040CN ' Print unable 2A, power of and back on'. The problem is not been resolved.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I might be 8 years old. This my first problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As was recommended. Turn it off and back on again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Here is a link to an article which places the fault at a solenoid which can be removed, serviced, and replaced. It involves disassembly of the carriage assembly, but no special tools are required: http://fixyourownprinter.com/posts/75749