Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

WP-4530 Keep saying there was a paper jam. Pull the back and

Customer Question

WP-4530 Keep saying there was a paper jam. Pull the back and remove the paper. When engaging diamond button it would kick out a clean page. Next try would have the same problem. Cleaned the head and printed alignment and it worked fine. Then it stated there was a problem and to turn off the printer and restart. Did so, three times, same thing happened,.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the printer with this problem of repeated jamming?

It sounds as if the jamming is in the rear or back of the printer, that area more or less.

What does 'the diamond button' do? Photocopying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is about 2 years old. The problem just recently occurred. Before today I would press one of two diamond buttons; i.e. B&W or color, after pressing ok. The printer would work fine for awhile. As a test, today, I cleaned the print heads and did a realignment. Everything worked fine and I thought the problem was resolved. However the screen said to turn off the printer and restart. I did this 3 times with the same result.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Have you been using Epson OEM-original ink supplies?

The printer is out of warranty for sure, I think. Unless an extended warranty or extended care plan was bought with it at time of purchase.

What is the exact message on the screen, that says to turn Off and restart? in case it matters, and in case there is any number/letter code with the message.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error light is on. Screen- Printer error. Turn printer off and then on again . For details see your documentation or visit Epson.com
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That is, unfortunately, a general error indication. The printer doesn't know what is wrong... and usually that means that the printer's circuitry is out of order.

I'm sorry to say that the printer may need repairs, or perhaps recycling and replacement, if you so choose.

But I would still like to ask:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that.

One last try, would be to turn Off and unplug the printer, and leave it overnight, in case the problem is temporary and caused by overheating.