John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a canon mx700 that is not printing. I have cleaned

Customer Question

hi Pearl. I have a canon mx700 that is not printing. I have cleaned the printhead and the nozzle check indicates that the ink is coming through nicely but the computer is talking to the printer but not printing black or colour. Thanks Peter
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no it has not done this before. Printer 6 or 7 years old. It has been working beautifully up until now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried to print a document as well as the cleaning that was suggested.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no. thanks for your help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. As your printer is capable of copying documents, can you try to copy one black and white document and one color document then, let me know if it able to do the job properly or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck. Computer and printer seem to be talking but no ink on page
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to make copies from the printer , because copying is not same as scanning or printing from the PC .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran a nozzle check and the ink was printed on the page beautifully.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you said that in your initial post, can you tell me which version of Windows do you use ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Widows 10
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** read the steps below and let me know, if you followed the same steps to make those copies ?

(1) Turn on the machine.

(2) Press the COPY button on your printer.

(3) Load paper.

(4) Load the original on the Platen Glass or the ADF.

2. Select the copy menu.

(1) Press the Menu button.

(2) Press the or button to select Special copy, then press the OK button.

The Special copy screen is displayed.

(3) Press the or button to select the function you want to use, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Note

When you use these functions, you cannot select some of the options for the page size / media type / magnification settings.

To cancel Special copy settings, press the Back button in the Special copy screen. If the number of copies or the intensity has been set already, press the Back button twice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have followed those directions Sudipto but no ink on page
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did you tried both color and black copy options ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no only black
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Please try once more with the color option also and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer asked to transfer paper feed to the rear tray. It has printed black and colour copies. Do you want me to try from front tray again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that worked well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to print a document from a computer file but no luck. I checked the Printer status and it indicated 'idle'. I clicked on find Printer and it indicated'active directory domain services unavailable. do I need to reinstall the printer driver?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean, you are able to make color copies ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you use an USB cable to connect the printer to PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to make a colour copy from a document that was on the glass platen on the printer. but no luck from a computer file word document
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how to open devices and printers window from your PC ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

This seems to be a software problem, please try to uninstall and reinstall the printer then, let me know how it goes for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reinstalled the driver but it is asking me to restart the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you wish for me to restart the computer? How do I contact you after i have rebooted my computer?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I could not reply you, as I was offline at that time. Please let me know, what is the present status when you see my reply on your email.