John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I scan directly to my email with an XP-420?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to scan to a file on the computer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have windows 10. I don't think there is a problem with the computer or printer - but I have just purchased the printer and cannot work out how to link it to the computer. Not sure a remote session is needed but happy to do so if necessary.

You need to have email program set up on the computer in for it to work with the printer.

Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=06f7b2d8-c262-4c1c-b379-2d2ca648b297

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I am not finding this helpful. What is happening?

I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the scanning issue directly for you.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,