Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just bought and tried to set up/install a Canon printer

Customer Question

I just bought and tried to set up/install a Canon printer iB4020 series. I am having trouble working with the paper cartridges. One of the problems is that it is giving the following error message ... 1784. Help!
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops - the error message is 1874.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

There should be two paper cassettes, if you remove one of the cassettes, do you still get the error? ( basically, Id like you to test with each cassette to isolate which cassette is giving you the error.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both of them give me the error message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it. Despite their labels, they ended up being reversed. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im glad you were able to solve the issue.

If anything else comes up, if you encounter issues printing or scanning from your computer, let me know.

Dustin S