John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother MFC9320CW- It worked fine, but our internet

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC9320CW- It worked fine, but our internet provider came out and put a new router and internet service in and now I cannot get it to reconnect to the wireless to print or copy or anything. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer. let me know the operating system installed on your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vista
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello???
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

did you reinstall the printer after the new router was installed??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't remove it and try again and I can try that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the only way to do it?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will tell you the steps to be followed

do it exactly the way as i list

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

open control panel..programs and features

locate the software for the brother printer and right click and uninstall

once uninstalled restart the computer

after restart you can reopen this page from just answer email by clicking on view answer

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

after restart, download and install the printer software package by clicking on the below link

click here to download and install full driver software package

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

during setup it might ask you to enter the new password ***** wifi modem on the printer or computer which you may enter

let me know if you face any difficulty

let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's keeps asking me for an IP address for my Brother because it will not pull it up from the network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After much trial and error I finally got the machine to say it is connected at least but I still can't get it to finish installing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? are you still helping me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still having problems ---- please help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $33.00 for this service and you are not helping me at all! I really need to fix this problem today!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I had been waiting for you for more than an hour however i didn't get any response from you i had to go offline due to my geographical time.
Let me know when you could be online so that i can continue to assist you on this issue further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took me quite some time to restart things etc. - I will be here all day today-
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i gave you the link to download the driver did you try to download and install it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the printer etc to work but it is hardwired with a USB- I still cannot get the Brother machine to work wireless like it did before- There seems to be a place to enter the new WPS PIN # ***** the machine but I cannot get it to change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reset it numerous times and it still keeps coming up the old # ***** the old wireless I had
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know what time you can be online today and your time zone and we can setup the printer on the wifi mode

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am online now- We are central time here-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your last message came at 10:35 P.M. my time
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

our geographic locations are different so i can be online during the below timings CST. Let me know if you can be online during any of these slots

7 am to 12 noon

8 PM onwards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am online now until noon
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will be online the entire day today during both the time slots

as soon as you see my message reply to me and i will fix the wifi setup issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am online today all day- Something came up on friday-
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi i am online now let me know when we can begin.

If you opt for secure remote assistance then i can remotely fix the printer for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here what can I do?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you want me to remote connect and fix the printer for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid over 30 dollars and have gotten no help at all- I will not pay another 39-
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I agree you have paid $30 however if you see right from the top of the chat conversation you will see i have already answered your question, how to download and install the printer for wireless.

If you need remote assistance that will be an addition service to which you can opt for or you may simply deny and follow the steps i gave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did do your steps and the wireless still does not work as I told you in one of my other comments
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i can remote connect and check the wifi issue

let me know if you would like the remote assistance so that i may send you the service offer