Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Bizhub Pro c6000L Error code C-DOE 1 (k) while initializing

Customer Question
Bizhub Pro c6000L Error code C-DOE...
Bizhub Pro c6000L
Error code C-DOE 1 (k) while initializing HDD.
I switched out the hard drive, but that hasn't corrected the problem, so I'm thinking the hard drive isn't the issue
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/3/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error may mean the hard disk system is bad, or it might mean the flat cable to the hard drive has a bad wire (or pin, or two) in it.

Swapping out the hard drive cable is a thing to try for this. While the power is Off, of course.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Russel.Thank you for the reply. Outside of the SATA, the only flat cable is a 16 hole ribbon cable. Would this be it, or could it even be the SCSI?

What type is the HDD ?

The cable in question that might need replacing/swapping-out, is the cable to the HDD. The flat cable that carries the data. (And in some systems, the power too.)

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech