Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

When trying to print, this message came up: turn the printer

Customer Question
off and on (as I...
When trying to print, this message came up: turn the printer off and on (as I did). then the error code:OxF1 cam up. Don't know what to do now to make it print.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson 610 small in one printer bought 2-10-14 Epson Stylus NX420 Series
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just turning it off and on.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, that's it. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2016
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Error 0xF1 is FATAL and it indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right side during startup. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flashlight to check inside the printer.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect like head issue, internal board issue or carriage failure.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solutions which will not work if this is mechanical fault. You may need to send it back to repair to Epson.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, please don't rate me bad or poor even though this is likely not the answer you are looking.

Ashik, Technician