Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a new, I have a new HP laptop with win10 and trying

Customer Question
I have a new JA: How...
I have a new
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have a new HP laptop with win10 and trying to get it to talk via my wireless hp printer hp2542. In one of my many attempts to get them to talk to eachother,I received a message that I must turn on the wireless radio.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is perhaps 3 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I pressed both
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I tried both pushing both the wifi and black print together and got a diagnostic report
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
6/30/2016
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there. My name is Alison. I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Would you mind telling me if you are seeing that message on the printer itself or on your computer screen or both?

We can begin our troubleshooting by going to this link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-2540-All-in-One-Printer-series/5295960/model/5385253/drivers

When the page opens up, please click on software and drivers and choose option 1 Option 1: Check for updates and recommendations.

Click on check now. This will tell you if you there is a software update that you need to install for the printer.

Please give that a try and let me know the results.

Hello! Do you still need help with this issue? Please let me know. If there was an indeed a firmware update available for the printer and installing the update solved the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If this didn't solve the problem, pleasebe sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting the issue and so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech