TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

Trying to load Canon Printer MX922 software. Followed

Customer Question

Trying to load Canon Printer MX922 software. Followed wireless LAN instructions and printer shows that printer is connected. But when I proceed with download message appears that I no printer is detected.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Printer is about 2 yrs old. Yes this happened 2 days ago when suddenly I could not print to the printer. So I uninstalled Canon software and am now trying to reinstall it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I printed out the network config. page
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. As you have already printed the network config. page, can you tell me the network status of the printer from the page and what is the IP address of the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connection is active but do not see IP address of printer. there is a category "IP Address Filtering" and that lists "Disable"
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

The IP address should be under IPV4 or IPV6 etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under IPV4 & IPv6 it is blank. There is no IPV4 or IPv6 addresses listed
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

That means the printer is not connected to the wireless router, do you know the SSID (name) and passcode of the router ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

If you do not know the SSID and passcode then, how did you reconnected the printer with the router, as you said that you followed instructions and reconnected the printer with the network ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed the Set Up wireless instructions to connect the printer to the LAN. After that the printer screen indicated that I was connected .
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you use an cable to connect the printer with the router ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you there ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Are you busy right now, as I am waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was delayed in getting the IP address of the router you requested. It is:192.168.11UN: adminPW: 25sig
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

No, that is the not SSID and passcode. Can you tell me, which version of Windows do you use ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

If you use Windows then, I can directly connect with your PC and help you to solve the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7 enterprise
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I cannot reply you as I got offline for the day after waiting for you reply, but you did not reply me back. Now, I see that you replied me after 4 hours of my reply. Anyway, please let me know if you still need help on this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still need help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The SSID is: keymediaThe PW is: F68A624EA2
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks do you want to use the additional service to connect me with your PC or should I give you the steps here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate if you would give me steps..
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, wait for the steps.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for waiting, please open the link below and watch the video and follow the steps to connect the printer with the wireless router and then print a network config page once more and reply me back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyiB34ZrtEI

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting. Thanks
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did you saw my last post with the link ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opening link.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Ok, watch the video first and then follow the steps to connect the printer with the wireless router .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed those set up instructions to begin with. That's exactly my issue that I presented to you at the very beginning when I said: Followed wireless LAN set up instructions and it shows that the printer is connected. But when I proceed with download a the software a error message appears
that I no printer is detected. When I check for Devices and Printers the Cannon printer is not there.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, but at that time you do not know the SSID and passcode then, how did you followed this same instructions ? because to follow this same steps you have to know the SSID and passcode of the router. Do you have followed the steps once more ? because now you know the SSID and passcode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did know the SSID & PW at the time. I just didn't know that it was called SSID. To me I've always referred to it as the name of the network. When you asked for the SSID I had no idea what you were referring to. Our network name is*****
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you print another network config page and let me know, if you get a IP address Under IPV4 & IPv6 on it or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No IP address.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Nope, that means the printer is still not connected with the router properly, because whenever the printer will get connected, you will get a IP address on that page. Do you have USB cable of the printer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cable
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Please open the Devices and Printers window and reply me back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printer not listed there
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Please click the Add a Device button and let me know, if the PC is able to find the printer or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printer was not listed - only my router and another computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

That means you are still on the device and printers window, but I asked you to click the "Add a Device" button at the top of the window, did you try that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and the only devices that appeared was the router and my mac computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

I do not know, what else to try because you are not ready for the remote support and do not have the USB cable also, at this point I am opting out from the question so that, other experts can try to help you.

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there John. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Let's begin by trying to access your Hotmail on the web. Please click here:

https://login.live.com/

Enter your hotmail email address and the password ***** you believe to be correct. If you are able to login with that password ***** we know it is correct and we will need to make changes in the Thunderbird email program. If you cannot login with that password ***** will need to reset the password. Please give this a try and let me know if you can login or not. If you have more than one email account that you use with Thunderbird, we will need to check them all to see which one might be causing the problem. If you are using other accounts, woudl you mind telling me the email addresses please? (just the part after the @sign...not the full email address).

Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Please disregard and accept my apologies John. This answer was posted on the wrong question.